Monday, August 11, 2008

me and drowning girls

So I was looking at a very talented artists site (loish.net) with very nice and inspiring "speed painting" and I wanted to do the same. However, mine turned out to be not-so-speed painting, since I worked on it for like.... 5 days (I mean, short increments each day but..) So here is my not-speed painting:



I had a loose idea of it being under water, and it turned out like this. It ended up being a goldfish girl. I tried to work on one layer for the most of the time in hopes of creating some accidents (hopefully "happy accidents"). I'm moderately satisfied with how it turned out... More to come!

2 comments:

Tara Borger said...

her anatomy seems a little funky but I really like the colors and the light source! haha I did a girl underwater too for my latest blog entry - but it's just a sketchity sketch.

Mie Illustrates! said...

I agree with the anatomy, I didn't pay attention to it as much because it was suppose to be quick but I guess I should have. ^^; Thanks for the comment, I like your underwater girl, it has nice composition!