Monday, September 15, 2008

still working

I thought I'd update on my personal work that is to be turned in to "illustration" magazines competition. As I have mentioned before, I felt like the mermaid made the tsunami happen, and I have decided to change the story to make that what happen. So now it's based on a Japanese folklore, but not exactly.

I have started to cutout the scales of her:



This is the finished hair/wave:



More to do still, it must be done by 24th...
This is a revist to the one posted before, "hello, hello." I have added color on the background, which I think helped the speech bubbles to pop out. I'm also going to add humans in this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the painted scales thingy... great colors... omfg, that's something that digital art totally can't do yet. Looks great, mie. How'd you cut all the scales so perfectly? :D And the mermaid's hair is awesome, can't wait to see it done!